Are You Prepared for E-Discovery?
Be Prepared – and Reduce Risk and Control Costs
Imagine that you have saved and stored every hard copy document you have received or printed out and that your organization has saved every e-mail you have ever written or received on its servers or on back-up tapes. Now imagine that that you have been called upon to quickly find all information that is potentially relevant to a particular matter. Where would you begin looking? How would you know which documents are most likely to contain the information you need?
Xerox Litigation Services' e-discovery experts can help ensure that you are prepared for e-discovery – so when litigation or investigations arise, you can reduce overall enterprise data risks, manage time and appropriate resources, and keep your costs under control.
Our e-discovery experts work closely with in-house legal teams, their outside counsel, information technology, records management and other departments to develop and carry out a litigation readiness program that is repeatable and defensible, provides a consistent approach to each new matter and is documented and auditable.
Our approach is proven. First, we conduct an assessment of the current state of your litigation readiness and identify gaps in your organization’s discovery procedures and technologies. We then create and implement a roadmap designed for a consistent, repeatable litigation readiness program, which we can assist in implementing, if requested.
In all steps of designing and implementing a litigation readiness program, we focus on the policies and the procedures necessary for a comprehensive and defensible discovery strategy, along with the expertise and technical tools that support this process.
Our e-discovery consultants assist legal teams with the following:
- Integrate your company’s records management approach and align document retention policies with e-discovery requirements
- Implement processes and solutions for monitoring and enforcing all document retention and litigation readiness programs
- Work with your IT team to create a diagram of your company's ESI that describes the types and sources of data and where it is maintained, including data stored in the cloud
- Design and implement clear and specific legal hold strategies for all types of potentially relevant media, including social networking and cloud-based sources
- Develop defensible collection strategies
- Design and implement back-up tape and other legacy media strategies
- Train employees on what they need to know to help meet e-discovery obligations and avoid unnecessary risks
Are you ready for e-discovery? Let Xerox Litigation Services help ensure that you are.